A day in the life of a nurse

Friday, August 03, 2007

Where the heck have I been?

Well, the answer to that question is ALL the freakin over the place....and I've enjoyed it too! For those of you who don't know that I have more than one blog- you will be surprised to learn that after the ankle sprain that I went all over Europe with that sprained ankle. I have lots of not so sexy photos of me with a very large brace on the lower half of my right leg. In general- all of my photos from Europe are less than sexy- it was hot, humid and we walked our sweaty selves all over the place. However, I did have lots of fun. I should post a new photo of my ankle, but to everyone but me and my doctor- it looks like a regular old ankle. To me, I can tell (and feel) that it remains swollen and is 1.5 inches larger than the left ankle. I decided to stop going to physical therapy after I got a bill for $45.00 for them putting ice packs on my ankle. Are the smoking crack? $45.00 for ice packs and I didn't even get to take them home with me! Seriously.

Lets see here, where else have I been...
Florida, yep. Nobody here is shocked about that. Nope. Gotta go see my boy Mickey.

School-
I've lost that loving feeling. I enjoy school and learning, but I don't enjoy the studying part, especially for exams. I would much rather spend time planning my next trip, then I would memorizing stuff. Memorization isn't really learning, it's just reputation. I understand why I have to memorize it, when I can look the information up and things that I really need to know, will automatically be memorized. May as well stop bitching, it isn't going to get me anywhere. I threatened to stop grad school and my husband just laughed at me, literally. I was told under no circumstances was I stopping grad school. I reminded him he wasn't my father. He then threatened to call my father....I backed off. I knew my father would not support me in this situation. I guess I know my limits.

Family-
Noah is as sweet, awesome, and handsome as ever. His love for Star Wars grows. He and his father went down to Florida for Star Wars weekends, where Noah dressed in full costume. He wanted his costume to look like the black Jedi outfit from episode three when Anikin went to the dark side. He also grew his hair out for three months to achieve this look. He looked absolutely awesome and Robb said he got lots of extra attention. Noah also continues to get tall and looks nothing like a child. I see pictures of him from last year or the year before and I really appreciate how mature he is getting. It is wonderful and sad to see my son grow.



Me, myself, and I-My life continues to be busy and I am increasingly involved with work and family both those who live immediately with me and my parents. It is frightening to see my mother continue to battle breast cancer, despite the the minimal impact it has had on her physically. I guess I would say that I almost feel as if I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and I feel emotionally terrorized. Terrorized by her potential future. I don't feel nearly grown up enough to have my parents leave and not around to guide me. Don't they know that I only appear to be ready?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home